2018 Lernerville Pick’Em Presented by Turners Premium Iced Tea
Welcome to the ninth season of Lernerville Pick’Em! For the first timers here, we know you have two questions. What is it, and how do I play? It’s the ultimate complement to the racing action at Lernerville each Friday night. Pick one driver for each division (we’ll explain later) and then one wild card driver that can be from any division. Then we score it all by feature finishes, add it up, and we have a season long contest that runs through the last regular season date in August.
What’s at stake? We’ll have prizes for the top three finishers at the end of the season, provided by our terrific sponsors,. Plus there’s also a rookie of the year award the annual “David James Gardham Rookie of the Year Award” named after a great player and great person who is very much missed! He was and is part of what we call our Lernerville Pick’em Family! Which is what you now are as soon as you play for the whole season!
So what does it take? First off, it would be helpful to follow on twitter @TheDirtNetwork or follow us on Facebook as we do a lot of announcements via social media. We even remind you if you haven’t turned in your selections yet, as best we can anyway. How’s that for customer service! Next, it takes the commitment to play EVERY WEEK. With the amount of players we have, it’s very difficult to win this if you skip a week or two. And lastly, it takes a little work on your end. Find out if a driver you pick may be touring on a particular Friday. Expect invaders when certain series are off, do a little homework on social media now and then.
Before we get into the rules, let us just say that the best reason for doing this, is because it’s very fun and it makes the racing more interesting and provides bragging rights moments for you and your friends. We love putting it on, and the players who have been with us for years on end love it too!
Now let’s get to that rules/how to play thing…
1. You will click a link on the bottom of this page, the one that says “Click HERE”, yes, that’s the one. when announced normally on Sunday nights. Remember to bookmark this page so you can find the link.
2. When you click the link, it will redirect you to a separate pick entry page. Simply follow the instructions. You will select ONE driver per each of the fab four divisions and then you will be prompted to WRITE IN a wild card selection. Once you’ve submitted picks, there will be NO CHANGES.
3. The scores of your picks will be according to their feature finishes.
Win – 8 points
Top 5- 4 Points
Top 10- 2 Points
4. From time to time, we will announce double points nights, either for a specific division or for all picks. Sometimes we’ll get a wild hair and decide to double the wild card pick too. It helps to keep everyone from being on auto pilot so to speak!
5. If there is a rain out, every player that submitted picks will receive 10 show up points, so don’t miss a week even if the weather is in doubt. When rain outs do occur, we will make new picks for the following Friday night.
6. Only ONE set of picks can be submitted per player per week,
That’s pretty much it. After the week is over, we’ll update any new news on this page with fresh standings and announcements for the following week!
So make your picks when we make our announcement that we’re open for the week! We hope you have a great time and enjoy yourselves! Thanks for playing!
Congrats to Jessica Wright, your 2018 Lernerville Pickem Champion!!! Jessica has been a dedicated weekly player since 2011 and now joins a rather exclusive list of champions! Joining her on the podium this year are Wes Libert in second place and a two way tie for third between Patrick Miller and Teddy Homol! Well done everyone!
We still have some special event pick’ems left in 2018! It’s not quite over, so try not to feel too bad. From the bottom of our hearts, thank you so much for playing weekly in 2018 and please give a thank you to our official scorer Frank Iudiciani.
We’ll be back in 2018, for another season and you’ll see a brand new TDN as well. Relax, we’ll keep you posted on our progress as time goes on.
Take care everyone! And be on the lookout on our social media for details on our 3rd Annual TDN Night at the Races at Steel City Karting in Monroeville if you ‘d like to meet up this offseason!
Week 1 Winner: Mother Nature
Week 1 Makeup Icebreaker Winner (Points Start) Winner: Robert Siegel
All Star Sprint Pick’Em: Mother Nature
Week 2: Todd Nunes
Week 3: Jason Stearns (2010 and inaugural Lernerville Pickem Champion)
Week 4: Cameron Lambert, Patrick Miller, Jeff Barnes, Garrett Mohrbacher, Todd Nunes, Jessica Wright, Mallory Ponteri.
Week 5: Garrett Mohrbacher, Jessica Wright, Chris Rudolph
Week 6: An 11 way tie! Holy Hell!
BOSS Special Pick’Em Event Winner: Rod Kacin
Week 7: Wes Libert
Week 8: Sally Cornman, Earl Jackson, Brandon Claus
Week 9: Chad
Week 10: Jason Stearns
Week 11: Mother Nature
Week 12: Mother Nature
Week 13: Flip Swartzlander, Phil Swartzlander, Kim Gerber and Ryan Cornman
2018 Final Lernerville Pick’Em Standings
Here’s the final Icebreaker/Week 1 point standings:
Week 2 Points
Week 3 Standings
Week 4 Standings
Week 5 Standings
Week 6 Standings
BOSS Special Event Pick’Em
Week 7 Scoresheet
Week 8 Scoresheet
Week 9 Scoresheet
Week 10 Scoresheet
Week 13 Scoresheet
Good luck everyone! And thanks for playing Lernerville Pick’em Presented by Turners