Madden Claims Inaugural TDN Driver of the Week Award
|Chris Madden celebrates in NDRL victory lane after his Tennessee Tipoff feature win.|
This past weekend Gray Court, South Carolina’s own Chris “Smokey” Madden trumped the field at The NDRL’s Tennessee Tipoff event at Smoky Mountain Speedway in Maryville, TN. Madden has been on a tear this year and there’s no question that right now he is the hottest driver on dirt.
Prior to Madden’s $12,500 feat this past weekend, he had already collected two national touring series wins in a LOLMDS race at Golden Isles Speedway on February 7th and his first career National Dirt Racing League triumph at East Alabama Motor Speedway, worth $10,000 and $17,017 respectively. Chances are that Chris Madden is the happiest man on the racing circuit and the only person/entity that may be happier about his accomplishments are the government ($$$).
If you’ve made it this far into the article, you’ve obviously read it and have somewhat enjoyed it as well. Feel free to leave your opinions on whether you agree, disagree, or have suggestions that could improve this piece at the bottom of the page. Engagement is healthy and encouraged.
Here are the races to keep an eye on this coming weekend that could determine who will garner next week’s award:
- WoO Sprints at Tulare (Fri. March 14th, Sat. March 15th)
- Carolina Clash- Skyler Trull Memorial at Carolina Speedway (Fri. March 14th, Sat. March 15th)
- ASCS National race at Arizona Speedway (Fri. March 14th, Sat. March 15th)
- Icebreaker 30 at Lincoln Speedway for 410 sprints (Sat. March 15th, if we’re lucky)
- $10,000 to win SLM race at Ark-La-Tex Speedway (Fri. Match 14th, Sat. March 15th)
Don't forget the Spring Thaw @Bulls Gap
Thanks raycefan, it completely slipped my mind. That could definitely play a factor