“The Crate List” May 2014
3. Dennis Lunger Jr.- Tip of the cap to the driver of the 71L from Conneaut, Ohio for making the trip north to New Humberstone and taking the Rush series win. Dennis also clicked off a win and a 2nd place to Alan Dellinger at Sharon speedway.
4. Chad Ruhlman- Always a threat to win in his 604 crate car, no matter where he shows up, Chad has been a force at Mckean County raceway with a win and always impressive 2nd place to Max Blair so far. If Max does not race crates much, its going to be hard to unseat Chad in the 4s car from victory lane.
5. Josh Holtgraver- The field at PPMS has been stout and Josh has been Mr. Consistency, a very hard thing to do at that monster 1/2 mile + track with all the talent there weekly. The #00 has a win, a 2nd place, and a 3rd place finish there this year.
Keep an eye on these drivers, they are knocking on the top 5’s door!
1. “Flyin” Ryan Montgomery – RUSH series winner, former “futures cup” champion and Western Pa “rookie of the year” award winner.
2 Will Thomas – 2nd and 3rd place at Sharon. Wont be long till he gets a win, believe me.
3. George Kowatic – fast riser this year, been impressive at Roaring Knob with 3 top 5’s.
4. Ben Policz- Mr. hard luck, finally got win #1 at PPMS this year. That team earned it.
5. Nico Dibecco – Young and fast, a win and a 2nd at PPMS. Sits at 3rd place in RUSH touring points.
Well thats it, thats The Crate List! At least for this month, as many tracks such as Dog Hollow and Marion Center “unsanctioned” have yet to get any green flag, on-track action. Touring races for Fastrak and RUSH series races will be very competitive and will produce some ranking changes to be sure when the start up.
Who do you think should be in the rankings? Let’s hear your thoughts and comments! I cant wait for the #65 Compton Racing crate car to hit the track this weekend at Lernerville for RUSH series action(weather permitting) and rub doors with all these great Western Pa wheelmen! Come on down and say hello sometime. See Yinz at the races! – Brian “Dobie” Compton