It’s Monday evening and that means it’s time to update my rankings for Western Pennsylvania’s weekly late model racers. It was a rather lean week for scoring races, with four of the five scoring tracks running specials. Lernerville, McKean, PPMS, Marion Center and AMP all ran regular weekly shows. Usual scoring tracks Roaring Knob, Bedford, Dog Hollow and Eriez all ran higher paying specials.
Anyways, with that said, let’s get to the rankings.
1. Alex Ferree, 21 points. Alex remains at the top of the standings this week on the strength of his win at Lernerville Friday night. He had a rare non-scoring night at PPMS, finishing sixth, but it obviously didn’t affect these rankings at all.
2. Russ King, 15 points. Russ finished second behind Alex Friday night at Lernerville, but it moved him up to second in these rankings. He also ran at Eriez Sunday night, coming home seventh, but again it didn’t actually hurt his ranking at all.
3. Clate Copeman, 14 points. Clate didn’t score any points this weekend and dropped a spot in the rankings, because he only ran Dog Hollow and they had a special. He came home fifth in that race.
4. Rob Blair, 13 points. Rob moves up to 4th on the strength of his win at McKean County Saturday night. He also ran the special at Eriez Sunday night , and he came home second.
4. Duane Stiner, 13 points. Duane ran fourth at AMP Saturday night to score just 2 points this week, but previous strong finishes keep him firmly in the top ten. He also ran Dog Hollow Friday night, coming home seventh in the final running order.
5. Mike Blose, 12 points. The Batman didn’t score any points this weekend either, because he only ran Dog Hollow’s special. He came home an uncharacteristic 17th at a track he’s usually fighting for the win at.
6. Derek Rodkey, 9 points. Derek moves into the top ten of these rankings for the first time with a win at AMP on Saturday. I don’t see his name in the results anywhere else for the weekend, so I’m guessing he only ran AMP.
6. Mike Pegher Jr., 9 points. Mike came home fourth at Lernerville Friday, scoring just two points. I din’t see his name in any results from anywhere else this weekend, at least in a Super late model. Lynn Geisler piloted the 1c on Saturday at PPMS.
6. Darrell Bossard, 9 points. Darrell stays in the top 10 despite not scoring any points this weekend. He only ran Eriez, coming home with an 11th place finish.
7. There are 4 drivers tied for the 7th spot on these rankings with 8 points. There drivers are: Brandon Burgoon (who picked up the win at PPMS Staurday), Ron Delano, Mike Knight, and Brandon Delano.
And that’s the top 10 (ok, 13 because of ties in point) so far. Stop back next week for the update after next weekend’s action!