Welcome to Lernerville Pick’Em 2015! This is the sixth year in the history of this contest, and it’s the ultimate compliment to the racing experience at Lernerville. It’s fun to play, makes the races even more fun to watch, and….there’s prizes! Plus, it’s free to play!
So what does it take to win? Commitment. It takes playing every week and getting points consistently while selecting your fair share of winners.
Here’s some guidelines to follow if you’re ready to play, we’ll get to the rules in a bit
- A twitter account would be helpful, we send out reminders via twitter every Thursday night, and if for some reason the site isn’t working for you , you can tweet us your picks. Make sure to follow us, and we’ll follow you!
- Submit picks EVERY week, even if you think it’ll be a rain out. We award 2 show up points if the action is cancelled.
- We play EVERY week that there’s a Fab Four,Scheduled
- Make sure to bookmark this page! We always have updated standings and special announcements
2. You will pick four drivers, one in each fab four division. Your driver’s finishes will be valued with the following point system.
win = 8
top 5 = 4
top 10= 2
You will also pick a wild card from any one of the fab four divisions. Your wild card driver MAY NOT be any of your other four picks. Duplicate Wild Card Picks will be allowed and will be scored with the aforementioned points system. This means that people may select a wild card driver that others have already selected.
5. Standings will be updated every week, the player with the highest point total is your winner. It is therefore important to pick EVERY WEEK. If you’d like a reminder, then please follow @TheDirtNetwork on twitter and Direct Message us that you’d like to be included in the reminder tweets that will occur.
6. If a weekly event is rained out, then 2 show up points will be awarded to all participants. The picks that were made are then erased and the next thread will have new picks.
7. After the third rainout of the season, a double or triple points night may be awarded at our discretion, but not on the final night of racing. Sufficient notice will be given.
8. Tiebreaker Procedure- 1. The greatest amounts of winners picked. 2. The greatest amounts of winners and top 5s picked. 3. The fewest number of 0 point finishing drivers in weekly events.
9. If the board is not working for you when you are making selections, you may tweet your picks to us @TheDirtNetwork on twitter before Noon on Friday of race week.
11. If there are more than 3 first year players, those who have never been identified as having regularly played Lernerville Pickem before by us, that complete the season, there shall be a rookie of the year prize awarded which will feature a $15 dollar Subway Gift Card!
13. Any rule that falls outside the scope of this rule package, shall be governed by Gary Heeman @21stCenturySkiz on twitter with regards to decisions
Well, it’s come down to this. One last week of Lernerville Pickem. I’m kind of sad, where did the season go? It’s been a great one to be sure, and the racing has been awesome at Lernerville this year, so we have to be grateful even though there were a few rainouts. One thing I’m grateful for is all of you who played week in and week out! It’s been a blast, and it’s been a great time and I just wanted to say thank you for playing from the bottom of my heart!
Okay, enough of that sentimental crap! We’ve got a battle for podium positions in this final week and as you make selections…be careful, don’t forget there’s Lucas Oil Late Models at PPMS this weekend, so check wisely! To ensure you do so, I’ve decided to make your late model selections DOUBLE POINTS! Just to keep it a little more interesting!
Good Luck everyone, and I’ll announce the final process for season ending tech net week.
A tshirt and a coupon good for 3 MONTHS of FREE Turner’s Iced tea have now been made available to us in our prize stash! More to follow…
Have a great week everyone! Stay DIRTY! And if you ever want to do a meet up or take a group photo one night just let us know, we’ll talk dates and such! Good Luck!
And thanks everyone for playing!
2. Phillip Swartzlander- 343
3. Garrett Mohrbacher- 328
4. James Barber- 326
5. Jessica Wright- 316
6. Andrew Loria- 314
7. Kim Berber- 308
8. Ric Blevins- 306
9. Nichole Emmons- 304
10. Nick Lohrmann- 302
11. Sally Cornman- 294
12. Jeff Barnes- 291
13 Ryan Cornman- 282
13. Brian Stivenson- 282
14. Frank Iudciani- 278
15 Jason Stearns- 260
16 Anthony Mohrbacher- 252
17 Coachs Kid- 230
18 Chris Habbyshaw- 214
19 Jason Thomas- 130
20 Dylan Morando- 90
21 Cody Smith- 80
22 Kristin Swartzlander-38
21. dirtpaw1224- 24
22. Steve Prince- 14
TDN Contributors Division (Beer League Championship)
1. Josh “Bacon Bits” Bayko- 350
2. Gary “Skiz” Heeman- 326
3. Trever “The Real Deal” Steele- 316
4. 5. Pat “Magic Fingers” Miller- 286
5. Brian “Dobie” Compton- 268
6. “The Professor” Tyler Beichner- 266
7. Jerin “The Real Deal” Steele- 100
Rookie of The Year Candidates:
Week 15 Scores; (Double Late Model Points)
1. Phillip Swartzlander- 32
1. Josh Bayko- 32
1. Tyler Beichner- 32
2. John Baumes- 30
2. Jessica Wright- 30
3. Andrew Loria- 28
4. Garrett Mohrbacher- 26
4. Ric Blevins- 26
4. James Barber- 26
5. Jeff Barnes- 24
6. Trever Steele- 22
6. Nick Lohrmann- 22
6. Kim Gerber- 22
7. Pat Miller- 20
7. Sally Cornman- 20
8. Brian Stivenson- 18
8. Brian “Dobie” Compton- 18
9. Nichole Emmons- 16
9. Jason Stearns- 16
10. Ryan Cornman- 12
10. Frank Iudciani- 12
11. Coachs Kid- 10
12. Anthony Mohrbacher- 6