Hey there race fans, tis’ Monday so that means I’m updating these here rankings I keep. Sadly, there wasn’t a whole lot of super late model racing to be had over the weekend, due to off weeks for Bedford and Port Royal, no late models scheduled at Lernerville (which rained out anyways), and rain at PPMS, so there really isn’t a whole lot of movement in these standings this week. You’ll have that sometimes.
On a brighter note, I did get so see the Super DIRTcar series modified for the first time in 8 years Thursday night up at Sharon. It was nice to see the solid crowd for the big blocks, and hopefully, they make their way back through the area in future seasons. It’d be even nicer if they got Lenerville on board in the future, too, giving the teams a sweet little four day swing out west. Keep them fingers crossed.
But I digress, this column is about late models and the way I rank them, so let’s get to those rankings.
1. Max Blair******, 54 points. Max brought home the win at Eriez Sunday. In non scoring action, he picked up the 10k win at Stateline firday night.
2. Alex Ferree******, 48 points. Alex ran fifth at Dog Hollow Friday, and third at Marion Center Saturday.
3. Jeff Rine*****, 43 points. Jeff didn’t score any points this week. In non scoring action, he ran seventh at Selinsgrove Saturday.
4. Russ King**, 39 points. Russ didn’t score any points this week. Didn’t see his name in any results anywhere.
5. Jared Miley****, 38 points. Jared didn’t score any points this weekend either. Only place I saw his name in results was Stateline on Friday, where he finished sixth.
6. Dylan Yoder****, 37 points. Dylan didn’t score any points this week, either. IOnly place I saw his name in any results was also Stateline. He failed to make the feature.
7. Rob Blair****, 34 points. Rob got a forth at Eriez Sunday. In non scoring action, he ran Second at Stateline on Friday.
8. Joe Martin*, 30 points. Joe ran third at Dog Hollow Friday. Didn’t see his name in any other results this weekend.
9. Andy Haus**, 24 points. Andy didn’t score any points this week. In inon-scoring action, he got 12th at Selinsgrove Saturday.
10. Michael Lake***, 23 points. Michael got the win at Dog Hollow Friday. Diodn;t see his name in any other results this weekend.
And that’s the top ten this week.
For next weekend, if you’re a late model fan, I suggest hitting Marion Center for the biggest show ever. I know, I know, it’s just a 5k to win sanctioned late model race, but still, it’s the biggest purse they’ve ever paid. I know the facilities are, uh, rustic, but the racing is usually solid, and it should defnitelyattract the best field they’ve ever had. I hope to see you there,
‘See ya next week, same bat time and all that jazz.