The 2018 Pennsylvania Super Late Model Power Rankings: Week 14
Hey there race fans, it’s Monday, so that means it’s time for our weekly update to our rankings.
This week saw everybody who had a super late model show in Pennsylvania get their show in, which is pretty damn rare for this season. It also saw two tracks who don’t run super lates weekly hold shows. Those two tracks are Clinton County on Friday, who had a 2k special for the supers, and Mckean Family Raceway who held the Jim and Mike Duffy Memorial for the supers. I wasn’t able to find full results for Mckean, just the winner. So the winner got his points. Once I do find the full results, I’ll update the point totals for every driver who scored there and those points will be reflected in future updates.
All of the races getting in meant lots of points were scored this week in our top ten, with many of those points coming from raised purse specials, which means higher point totals. Jeff Rine is still firmly at the top of these rankings, but the next three guys after him are all within five points of each other. The battle for 2-4 should be wildly entertaining down the stretch, as it seems all of them tend to score a bunch of points each week.
Now lets see how it all lines up.
1. Jeff Rine*******, 76 points. Jeff got the win Saturday night at Port Royal.
2. Max Blair******, 54 points. Max got the win Sunday at Eriez.
3. Dylan Yoder****, 53 points. Dylan won Friday at Clinton County and got a third at Port Royal Saturday.
4. Jared Miley****, 49 points. Jared won Saturday at PPMS and ran second at Eriez Sunday.
5. Mike Maresca**, 42 points. Mike came home fourth at Eriez Sunday.
6. Michael Norris*****, 38 points. Michael went scoreless this week.
7. Coleby Frye*, 35 points. Coleby fuinished second at Clinton County Friday and won Saturday at Selinsgrove.
8. Chris Madden**, 33 points. Chris was unable to score this week.
9. Greg Oakes**, 27 points. Greg won Friday at Thunder Mountain and got another win at Mckean Saturday.
9. Mike Marlar, 27 points. Mike didn’t score any points this week.
And that’s the first ten names on my list for this week. Check back next week to see what happened after this week’s action, which, amazingly enough, looks like it should be run off without a hitch again.
And I’m sure many of you are planning holiday parties this week. Please use your head and keep it safe. Being proud of your country does not give you license to get stupid. If you’re drinking heavily, maybe leave the fireworks you bought for another day. Losing a finger (or worse) isn’t worth it.
That said, God Bless America!
Leave a Reply