Hey there race fans, it’s Monday, and that means it’s time for me to update these rankings.
I must preface this week’s writeup with the clarification of an error I made in last week’s rankings. I neglected to score Marion Center’s second feature last week, and the rankings were rather affected. It was also scored on the seven point scale and was won by Jared Miley, who scored seven points. Alex Ferree scored six, Jon Lee scored five, Tony Mussolino scored four and Levi Skiora scored three. I apologize for the mistake.
Now, on to this week, it saw a pretty full weekend of racing action. Nearly every track in PA with a super show scheduled managed to get it in. Lernerville, who cancelled due to a major drainage issue and Eriez canceled due to weather.
Tracks that had specials were Thunder Mountain, Bedford, Latrobe and Mckean County. All of the above shows were seven point shows.
Tracks that had regular shows included: Dog Hollow, Marion Center, Hidden Valley, Hummingbird and Port Royal.
Now let’s get to the update!
1. Chris Madden (2), 76 points.
2. Max Blair (6), 75 points. Max won at Thunder Mountain and Mckean County.
3. Brandon Overton (2), 74 points.
3. Brandon Sheppard (1), 74 points.
5. Jared Miley (7), 61 points. Jared got the win at Latrobe.
6. Jeff Rine (4), 55 points. Jeff was second at Bedford and won at Port Royal.
7. Rick Eckert (1), 49 points.
8. Alex Ferree (2), 46 points.
9. Dylan Yoder, 41 points. Dylan was second at Port Royal.
9. Billy Eash (6), 41 points. Billy won at Hidden Valley.
And that’s the first ten names on my list this week. I know, I know, I only have drivers listed to ninth, but due to ties, it’s still ten drivers.
Looks the Pennsylvania locals are starting to overcome the large gap to the WoO regulars as they do most every season at this point in the season. I look for this trend to definitely continue because neither national series is slated to come back to the area for another month and a half.
See how much closer they come next Monday when I update these rankings after this coming weekend’s racing action!