Hey there folks, ’tis Monday evening, so that means it’s time for my weekly update to these rankings.
With only one week left, it appears Jeff Rine has already clinched the title for this season. He’s always fast, and this year was no different. Opening up the scoring to include the whole state gave him a huge advantage over the past couple years, because now he scores at two different tracks instead of just one. He’s was incredibly consistent at both Bedford and Selinsgrove and it shows, as he is leading the points at Selinsgrove and second at Bedford. Next time I see him at the races, he’s getting a couple TDN stickers to put on his ride.
Even though the title was clinched, the rest of the top ten has tightened up quite a bit, and there are seven drivers with a conceivable shot at second in the standings. This coming weekend should be really interesting to see who ends up where.
Anyways, all the tracks got shows in this week, except for Eriez, who ran a WoO special on Sunday instead of a regular show. Roaring Knob didn’t update their results, either, but I did finally get last week’s results and those points are reflected in the rankings this week.
Now let’s get to some rankings.
1. Jeff Rine*****, 50 points. Jeff’s won at Selinsgrove Saturday and came home fifth at Bedford Friday for his points this week.
2. Scott Rhodes**, 36 points. Scott got a second at Dog Hollow Friday for his points this week.
3. Max Blair****, 35 points. Max went scoreless this week.
4. Clate Copeman****, 34 points. Clate also put up a goose egg this week.
5. Mike Blose**, 33 points. Mike went 0fer this week too.
5. Dwayne Tanneyhill***, 33 points. Dwayne’s points this week came from a win at Diog Hollow Friday.
7. Alex Ferree***, 32 points. Alex ran third at Lernerville Friday for his points this week.
7. DJ Troutman**, 32 points. DJ came home second at Bedford Friday to score his points this week.
9. Coleby Frye*****, 26 points. Coleby won Saturday at Port Royal for his points this week.
10. Tim Senic***, 25 points. Tim won last week at Roaring Knob for his points this week.
10. Dylan Yoder*, 25 points. Dylan’s points came from a third at Selinsgrove Saturday this week.
10. Darrell Bossard, 25 points. Darrell had no points this week.
And that’s the top ten for this week. Next week is the final writeup for his year, so it’ll have the complete rankings from top to bottom. Until then, have fun no matter where you attend the races. Me personally, I think I may go ahead and see what in the heck a RFSLM series is Saturday night.