Hey there race fans, it’s time for me to update these here rankings. Yes, I know, it’s delayed a day, but yesterday when I usually write this column, my little one had a mean case of the sniffles and I figured it best I look after her instead.
Anyway, this week saw every track with a scheduled show get it in for I think the first time this season. What’s also interesting is that is also the first week this season with no specials, so all the races were scored on the five point scale. Even though the max points anybody scored this week is five, we have a new leader.
Here are all the tracks that ran this week, and there will be no number in parenthesis after them, because as I mentioned above, everybody was on the same five point scale.
And now, let’s find out who that new leader is, along with the rest of our top ten.
1. Max Blair (8), 56 points. Max picked up the win at Eriez.
2. Dylan Yoder (1), 54 points. Dylan ran fourth at Port Royal.
2. Jason Covert (2), 54 points.
4. Jeff Rine (3), 53 points.
5. Mason Ziegler (2), 45 points.
5. Rick Eckert (4), 45 points.
7. Jared Miley (3), 36 points.
8. Michael Norris (4), 35 points.
9. Kyle Knapp (2), 33 points. Kyle ran fifth at Thunder Mountain and fourth at Hummingbird
9. Andy Haus (2), 33 points.
And those are the first ten names on the spreadsheet this week.
The weather looks pretty decent for racing this weekend too, albeit in what’s supposed to be excruciating heat. So if ou are racing or going to race, please do what you can to keep cool. Last thing I want to hear is that a racer, crewman, track employee or fan ended up with heat exhaustion (or worse).
I’ll see ya next week, hopefully on Monday like normal.