Hey there race fans, it’s Monday so that means it’s time for the weekly update to these rankings.
This week saw everybody who had a race scheduled get it in despite the record heat except for Thunder Mountain, who cancelled Friday night. Bedford is having the county fair at the current time and didn’t race super lates Friday night, and Selinsgrove had the week off Saturday. Three of the shows ran this week have raise points scales because they were specials. With the points scored this week and some bad luck for last week’s leader, we have a new leader this week.
Dog Hollow raced Saturday, but I could only find the winner. As I understand it, there were only four super lates in attendance, and that prompted the track to decide to move to Sunday evenings, starting next week. Hopefully it leads to increased car counts for them. There won’t be as much competition in their area for cars on Sundays. I know, I know, Eriez runs Sundays, but lets no pretend that there is any real crossover between The Pooch and Eriez. Roaring Knob is now running supers on Sundays every other week, but I don’t think that should have any real affect on Dog Hollow either. I really do wish them the best of luck with the change.
That said, here’s the tracks and point scales for the tracks that ran this week.
Clinton County (7)
Dog Hollow (5)
Port Royal (7)
Hidden Valley (5)
Now let’s go ahead and see this week’s top ten.
1. Dylan Yoder (2), 66 points. Dylan ran third at Clinton County and won at Port Royal.
2. Jeff Rine (3), 57 points. Jeff came home fourth at Port Royal.
3. Max Blair (8), 56 points.
4. Jason Covert (2), 54 points.
5. Jared Miley (3), 45 points. Jared came home second at Lernerville and ran fourth at Eriez.
5. Mason Ziegler (2), 45 points.
5. Rick Eckert (4), 45 points.
8. Andy Haus (2), 39 points. Andy ran second at Port Royal.
9. Bob Dorman (3), 37 points. Bob won at Hidden Valley.
10. Alex Ferree (2), 36 points. Alex was third at Port Royal and came home second at Eriez.
And that’s our top ten for this week. This upcoming weekend looks like it’s going to be a fabulous weekend for racing, so get out and see some racing.
See you next week, same bat time, same bat place.