What’s up race fans? It’s Tuesday, so that means it’s time for the weekly update for these here rankings that I keep.
This weekend, despite being a holiday weekend, didn’t see much in the way of shows. There was a special at Bedford on Friday. Saturday saw a regular show at Port Royal, a regular show at Hidden Valley and an Ultimate Northeast show at Roaring Knob. Sunday saw a ULMS show at Eriez.
If you’re doing the math at home, that’s just five shows for the weekend. That’s a kinda surprising to me, especially considering the weather for racing was pretty flawless for racing all weekend. I guess it should be considered that Fourth of July parties may impact racer and fan attendance, but I’d think that with the Covid crisis severely impacting tracks earlier in the season that they’d be chomping at the bit to get as many shows in as possible before they have to shut down in the fall. Guess not, although I do know that many tracks have added shows on to the end of their season.
Of well, let’s go ahead and get to those results. The regular shows paid five points, and the specials all scored seven points.
1. Max Blair (3), 58 points. Max came home second at Eriez.
2. Cade Dillard (1), 42 points.
3. Jeff Rine (5), 38 points.
4. Michael Norris, 37 points. Michael got a fourth at Eriez.
5. Rick Eckert (2), 28 points. Rick got the win at Port Royal.
5. Darrell Lanigan. 28 points.
7. Dennis Erb, 27 points.
8. Gregg Satterlee (2), 23 points.
9. Ryan Montgomery (2), 21 points. Ryan ran third at Roaring Knob
10. Chub Frank (1), 19 points. Chub got the win at Eriez.
And that’s our top ten for this week. Check back next Tuesday evening for the update after this coming weekend’s action!