2020 Pennsylvania Super Late Model Power Rankings
Hey there race fans, it’s Tuesday evening, so it’s time for this week’s update to these rankings.
This week saw some of the tracks normally included in these rankings taking the week off, due mostly to the Firecracker happening at Lernerville. There were a few tracks that ran their weekly shows, though. Bedford ran Friday, Selinsgrove ran Saturday, and Eriez ran Sunday. Roaring Knob apparently attemted to run Sunday too, but ended up raining out.
There were four special shows that happened this week, though. Wednesday night, Port Royal had a 3k special (7), and the World of Outlaws were in town for shows at Lernervville on Thursday 6k (8), Friday 6k (8) and the big show Saturday that paid a cool 30k (30). The parenthesis listed after the winners share indicate the point scale those shows were scored on.
That said, let’s go ahead and get to those rankings
1. Max Blair (3), 52 points. Max won Thursday and ran second Saturday at Lernerville.
2. Cade Dillard (1), 42 points. Cade was second Thursday, fourth Fridaym, and Picked up the big win Saturday night at Lernerville.
3. Michael Norris, 33 points. Michael was second Friday and came home fifth Saturday at Lernerville.
3, Jeff Rine (4), 33 points. Jeff ran fourth at Port Royal Wednesday and won at Bedford Friday and got another win at Selinsgrove Saturday.
5. Darrell Lanigan, 28 points. Darrell ran third Saturday at Lernerville.
6. Dennis Erb Jr., 27 points. Dennis came home fourth Saturday at Lernerville.
7. Gregg Satterlee, 23 points. Gregg won at Port Royal Wednesday.
7. Rick Eckert (1), 23 points. Rick got a third at Port Royal Wednesday.
9. Ross Robinson (1), 18 points. Ross was second at Port Royal Wednesday.
9. Trever Feathers (2), 18 points.
And those are the top ten in the standings this week.
Some will probably say that the current point totals are way too influenced by the Firecracker, and on some level I agree, but this season is extremely nontraditional. My guess is that if the season were never impacted by the Covid pandemic, that the point totals amongst the usual suspects in our top ten would be two to three times more than they are. We’re still only something like 20 scoring races total on the season. Normally, we’d be at 50 or so by now. When Port Royal has that 50k throwback race in August, we likely see that impact these rankings the same way.
Oh well, see ya next Tuesday.
Leave a Reply