Today, we give our thanks. We’re a DIRT family you see, and we’re in this together. We’re all going to be in different places with family today. Hopefully, they’re all doing well, safe and sound, and you’re all going to be elbows deep in a feast together at some point during the day.
But even though we’re not together in the flesh, the fans, drivers, crew, employees, support industry folks, and promoters that make up our family, we’re together in spirit, and we’ve got a lot to be thankful for!
First off, we’ve got it better than these folks, the participants of the first thanksgiving.
They lived in constant fear of death, disease, famine and freezing. And none of them ever came close to seeing a race. If they had, they’d be as thankful as we are at this time of year.
So today, when you’re gathered around the table, sharing what you’re thankful for on this day, try to slip in some of these, the things we’re thankful for on this day.
- We’re thankful for well executed slidejobs, the one’s that are so thrilling to watch that you sit there with your mouth open in awe. The one’s that leave you thinking “how in the world can they do that and not even touch?
- We’re thankful for the Knoxville Nationals, the World 100, Super DIRT Week, and the World Finals. The places where we can watch our favorite crown jewels and leave with a memory full of great racing, the best drivers on earth, and the great times we have with our friends and family.
- We’re thankful for Steak on a Stick and Pork Chop Sandwiches, not gonna lie they’re fantastic!
- We’re thankful for all the times when drivers walk away after an awful looking crash.
- We’re thankful for the sound as the green flag drops. Is there a better sound than 24 of your favorite beasts all hitting the gas at the exact same moment?
- We’re thankful for the concession stand employees that know what we like, and have it ready when they see us.
- We’re thankful for getting to see the final year for Steve Kinser on the World of Outlaw tour. Have a great one King!
- We’re thankful for getting to see the greatness of Donny Schatz, Scott Bloomquist, Stew Friesen, Darrell Lanigan, Rico Abreu, Bryan Clauson, Matt Sheppard, Dale Blaney, Don O’Neal and so on and so forth. They never seem to stop amazing us.
- We’re thankful for a healthy Josh Richards climbing back into the car before the end of the year.
- We’re thankful for every low budget, weekly driver that works 50 hours a week earning a living, and then another 30 hours getting the car ready. Thank you for all your hard work to make sure you’re at the track for us to enjoy week in and week out. We appreciate it far more than you know
- We’re thankful for the promoters/GM’s who open up on a shaky looking weather night just because there’s a good chance to still get it in, even though they’re taking a beating at the box office that night!