Hey there race fans, as promised, it’s Monday and that means it’s time for the weekly update to these rankings.
This week saw mother nature affect things on Saturday, as Hummingbird, Hidden Valley and Selinsgrove all rained out. Interestingly enough, Dog Hollow, which is just to the west of those tracks, managed to get their show in, which actually had two super late model features on the card.
It was also a week that saw Roaring Knob return to the poll, but in typical Roaring Knob fashion, getting results from that place is like pulling teeth. I understand that things are starting to improve there, one thing they absolutely need to address is PR. They do a terrible job of getting word out there. That said, I was only able to find a top three. As soon as I find who finished fourth and fifth, I’ll update the spreadsheet accordingly.
Regular super late tracks that simply had the week off or didn’t run supers this week are Bedford, Eriez, Lernerville and Port Royal.
That said, here’s the tracks that did manage to run and the point scale will be in parenthesis next to the track name.
Clinton County (7)
Thunder Mountain (5)
Dog Hollow (5 for both features)
Roaring Knob (5)
Now here’s the top ten.
1. Jason Covert (1), 47 points.
2. Dylan Yoder (1), 46 points. Dylan ran third at Clinton County.
3. Mason Zeigler (2), 45 points.
3. Rick Eckert (2), 45 points.
5. Max Blair (6), 44 points. Max came home fifth at Bradford.
6. Jeff Rine (3), 43 points.
7. Jared Miley (3), 36 points. Jared picked up the win at Clinton County.
8. Michael Norris (4), 35 points.
9. Kyle Knapp (2), 29 points.
10. Coleby Frye (2), 28 points. Coleby ran fifth at Clinton County.
And that’s our top ten for this week. You may have noticed that Jared Miley’s win total jumped up more than the wins he had this weekend. That’s because there was an error in the results I read from Lernerville a few week’s back. All has been corrected and now the new win and point total is reflected.
Anyways, have a fantastic Fourth, and please, if you’re partying, don’t get behind the wheel or blow your fingers off.