Hey there race fans, it’s Monday, so that means it’s time for the update to these here rankings.
This week saw a total of four shows run, all of them specials with an expanded point scale. While you’d think it’d tighten up the standings, it actually allowed Max Blair to stretch out his lead a bit, considering two of the four possible shows were at a track that could absolutely be considered his home track (Eriez), and it’s also a track where he tends to be really dominant. That said, some points were also scored out in central PA dirt late model land, as a few of our other top ten managed to score points at Bedford or Selinsgrove. So while Max stretched his point lead, the race for second in the standings has five guys within ten points of each other, and a ton of points up for grabs. It should really be interesting, especially if one of those five guys fighting for second can score the win at Bedford and bag the twenty points that come with the win.
Anyways, here are the point scale breakdowns for the four shows run this weekend.
Bedford – 7
Eriez (Friday) -7
Selinsgrove – 10
Eriez (Saturday) – 8
Now lets go ahead and see who scored those points…
1. Max Blair (13), 105 points. Max won Friday and got third Saturday at Eriez.
2. Dylan Yoder (3), 85 points.
3. Rick Eckert (4), 84 points.
4. Jared Miley (6), 78 points. Jared ran third at Eriez friday.
5. Jeff Rine (3), 75 points. Jeff came home fifth at Bedford.
5. Jason Covert (2), 75 points.
7. Gregg Satterlee (2), 57 points. Greg got a fifth at Selinsgrove.
8. Mason Zeigler (3), 55 points.
9. Andy Haus (2), 53 points. Andy ran fourth at Bedford.
10. Paul Kot (7), 52 points.
And that’s the top ten for this week.
This coming weekend sees just three shows running, but again, they’re all raised point specials, and should draw some pretty solid fields.
Thunder Mounatin is running Ultimate NE for 4k Friday and 7k Saturday.
Bedford is having a 15k to win unsanctioned special event Saturday.
Both shows should be fantastic shows, and you should check one of them out. There’s only so many shows left to run this season.
In any event, we’ll see yea next Monday, same bat time, same bat place.