Hey there race fans, I guess this poll is back in business, considering Roaring Knob is actively racing super late models. Remember, back when us here in PA got hit with the stay at home order, I had to put this deal on hiatus, because racing itself was on hiatus. It appears, at least on some small level, that life is getting back to normal.
I don’t know how the Knob got permission to run, but as a fanbase, we should probably be a little more optimistic about other tracks in the state perhaps running shows in the nearish future.
Conversely, Selinsgrove planned to run this past Saturday and even got permission to run (with no crowd even) and had that permission rescinded last minute. May be we won’t be seeing other tracks attempting to run.
Why one track was allowed to run with almost no restriction and another track just a couple hours to the east was shut down is a question that can only be answered by people way above my pay grade.
That said, here’s the updated top ten:
1. Trevor Feathers (1), 10 points.
2. Ross Robinson, 7 points.
3. Dan Stone, 6 points.
4. Donald Lingo, Jr (1), 5 points.
4. Jacob Piper (1), 5 points. Jacob picked up the win at Roaring Knob.
4. Jason Covert, 5 points.
7. Andy Haus, 4 points.
7. Dylan Lewis, 4 points. Dylan ran second at Roaring Knob.
9. Deshawn Gingerich, 3 points. Deshawn was third under the checkers at the Knob.
10. Mike Lupfer, 2 points.
10. John Wayne Weaver, 2 points. John finished fourth at Roaring Knob.
And that’s the top ten for this week. We’ll see how it goes going into the future. If a show or shows are run on weekend, there will be an update. If there are no shows, there will be no update. I guess I’ll see ya when I see ya.