Hey there race fans, it’s Tuesday, so that means its time to update these here rankings that I keep.
As I made mention last week, this week saw a ton of points scored, as there were three 10k World of Outlaws Late Models shows happened within the keystone state this past weekend. Thursday saw action at the Lincoln Speedway, Friday saw racing at Williams Grove, and Saturday saw them race at Eriez. In one of the very few differences from the past couple years, these shows now score on the twenty point scale. Drivers already within our top ten were able to capitalize on some of those expanded points, and its had a huge effect on these standings, as you’ll see here in a few minutes.
There were also four weekly shows this week. Friday saw Lernerville and Thunder Mountain in action, and Hummingbird and Hidden Valley raced on Saturday. While it’s five point scale seems very small by comparison, some of that weekly action did affect the top ten.
Was overall a good week for these rankings, now let’s get to those standings.
1. Max Blair (7), 98 points.
2. Rick Eckert (4), 93 points. Rick ran second at Lincoln and third at Williams Grove.
3. Gregg Satterlee (6), 78 points. Gregg came home second at Williams Grove.
4. Jeff Rine (7), 68 points.
5. Brandon Sheppard (3), 66 points. Brandon won at Lincoln and Williams Grove, and was third at Eriez.
6. Cade Dillard (1), 59 points. Cade got a fourth at Lincoln.
7. Michael Norris (2), 52 points. Michael took home the win at Lernerville.
8. Dennis Erb (1), 47 points. Dennis was the winner at Eriez.
9. Dave Scott (1), 42 points.
10. Wyatt Scott (1), 37 points. Wyatt ran third at Thunder Mountain.
10. Dave Hess Jr. (4), 37 points.
And that’s the top ten for this week. I know it’s eleven, but ties and what not. it’s nice that we have only one tie this week. If I remember correctly, that’s the first time it’s happened since very early this season, before the Covid shutdowns even.
This coming weekend will see another trio of 20 point shows as the Lucas Oil Dirt Late Model Series comes to town. I’m sure that will also affect these rankings pretty radically, as at least six of the top ten are slated to be there. Will be seriously interesting to see how these rankings are affected.
Make sure you come back next Tuesday to see how interesting they turned out!