Hey there race fans, it’s Tuesday, so that means it’s time for the update to these rankings.
This week saw mother nature play a big part of the weekend, as all the tracks scheduled to run Friday night lost their programs to rain. Everybody else got their shows in. The shows that did get in were two 20 point Lucas programs at Port Royal on Thursday and Saturday, and weekly shows at Hummingbird on Saturday and Eriez on Sunday. It really was just four shows.
As mentioned above, those two Lucas oil shows were scored on the twenty point scale, though, so a big bunch of points were scored anyways. A fair amount of those points were scored by drivers already in our top ten, too. There’s been a shakeup in the top five.
So let’s go ahead and get to that top ten.
1. Max Blair (7), 101 points. Max ran third at Eriez.
2. Gregg Satterlee (6), 96 points. Greg was third at Port Royal Saturday.
3. Rick Eckert (4), 93 points.
4. Brandon Sheppard (3), 85 points. Brandon ran second at Port Royal Saturday.
5. Jeff Rine (7), 68 points.
6. Cade Dillard (1), 59 points.
7. Michael Norris (2), 52 points.
8. Dennis Erb Jr. (1), 47 points.
9. Dave Scott (1), 42 points.
10. Dave Hess Jr. (4), 41 points. Dave came home second at Eriez.
And that’s the top ten for this week. Kind of a shame Friday rained out for everybody. considering how much of the season we lost due to COVID-19. Would have been interesting to see what would have happened if Port Royal managed to get their show in. That would have likely seen an even bigger shakeup in our top ten. There are still a number of twenty point races and a thirty point race to be run this season yet, so we could still see some pretty wild swings in the top ten those weeks.
Anyways, we’ll see ya next Tuesday evening.