Hey there race fans, it’s time for this week’s update to these rankings. I know I usually do them on Tuesdays, but I had a pretty gnarly migraine yesterday and staring at computer screen wasn’t going to make it any better, so I figured it best to put off until I feel better. Evidently, I now feel better.
This week saw just five races run, 2 weekly shows (Thunder Mountain and Hidden Valley), and 3 7 point special shows (Lincoln, Port Royal, Hummingbird). Much of our top ten was either idle or racing out of state this weekend, but that doesn’t mean there weren’t changes to the top ten.
That said, let’s get to those rankings.
1. Gregg Satterlee (7), 113 points.
2. Max Blair (7), 111 points.
3. Rick Eckert (4), 100 points.
4. Brandon Sheppard (3), 85 points.
5. Jeff Rine (9), 82 points. Jeff picked up the win at Port Royal.
6. Michael Norris (2), 68 points.
7. Cade Dillard (1), 59 points.
8. Dave Hess Jr. (5), 50 points.
9. Alex Ferree (4), 49 points. Alex got the win at Hummingbird.
10. Dennis Erb Jr. (1), 47 points.
And that’s the top ten for this week, and I believe it’s also the first week with absolutely no ties within the top ten. For some reason I always prefer it that way.
The end of the season is starting to approach pretty rapidly now. There won’t be as many shows each weekend, but that doesn’t mean there won’t be a bunch of points scored still. For instance, there are still two 20 point shows and two 30 point shows left on the slate, and much of our top ten will be at most of, if not all those shows. We could see some pretty radical swings on this poll right up until the end!
We’ll see ya next Tuesday!